Employ Quarterly Insights Report | Q1 2023
Examining Employer and Job Seeker Realities in the Current Job Market: How Employers Can Respond to Candidate Preferences, Perceptions, and Personas
In the current labor market, employers are facing unfamiliar territory. The job market remains strong, but based on Employ data, there is a deceleration in the market as evidenced by a pullback in the number of new job postings.
So, where do candidates fit into this? What are their current preferences and perceptions when it comes to looking for jobs? And how can employers respond in providing experiences that support job seekers and build a pipeline of talent for the future?
The Q1 2023 Employ Quarterly Insights Report explores these questions and offers timely, actionable insights employers can use in optimizing and maturing their own recruiting functions, informed by the realities job seekers face right now.
Get a free copy of the report to discover:
- New data on job seeker versus employer realities in the labor market
- Current hiring trends, job market insights, and candidate expectations
- Key strategies for ensuring an outstanding candidate experience
- Job seeker personas to guide the way employers think about candidates
About the Employ Quarterly Insights Report
The Employ Quarterly Insights Report provides unique insights and in-depth analysis on hiring trends compiled from employer and job seeker activity across Employ’s 18,000 customers and findings from a survey of more than 1,500 workers conducted by Zogby Analytics in January 2023.
Here is a small sampling of data presented in the report:
- 58% of job seekers believe that the labor market favors candidates, while 51% believe that finding a job in the current labor market is easy.
- 49% of American workers are not actively looking for a new job, but 50% would consider applying for a job if approached by a recruiter.
- Large enterprises saw new job openings fall by 41.7% year over year between January 2022 and January 2023. Postings for large enterprises were down in January 2023 alone by 35%.
- Companies across segments saw an average of 26 applicants per job in Q4 2022, an increase of 23.8% over the previous quarter.
The Power Of Our Collective Reach
Avg Annual Hires
See the Evolve Suite in Action
Take the tour and see how our suite delivers results throughout every aspect of the candidate lifecycle.