Glossary > Recruiting Chatbot
What is a Recruiting Chatbot?
A recruiting chatbot is an automated messaging tool that helps filter candidates through your career site and into the applicant funnel. A bot can help answer FAQs about applying, benefits, or next steps in the application process. Talent acquisition (TA) teams utilize chatbots to convert job seekers into applicants and candidates.
What’s the Best Chatbot?
The most effective chatbots for recruiting help answer questions, filter applicants, and communicate with candidates using automation. Bots should increase applicant conversions for job postings and provide quality candidate experience. Automation and AI work in the background to answer questions, collect information, and more.
Why Do We Need Recruiting Chatbots?
Chatbots are ideal for improving candidate experience and increasing applicant conversions. These bots can help save time for TA teams by chatting with applicants about the following:
- Collect information from candidates like contact info, resume data, and more.
- Screen candidates for skills and experience.
- Answer FAQs about the application process, job details, or benefits.
- Schedule an interview with a recruiter.
- Add applicants to the talent pool for future job postings.
What are the Benefits of Using Chatbots?
Recruiting chatbots can help TA teams save valuable time in the recruiting process by filtering candidates at the top of the funnel. Utilize a chatbot and help recruiters to:
- Reduce cost-to-hire
- Filter high numbers of applicants per requisition
- Automatically answer questions from candidates
- Improve candidate experience
- Engage and convert applicants
More on Recruiting Automation and AI
Looking to read more about implementing automation and AI into your recruiting strategies? Subscribe to our blog and resource library! Let Jobvite help you to hire right when talent is tight.